Why do some floor coatings fail?
There can be many reasons but the reason the vast majority of floor coatings fail is not the coating . . . it’s the concrete floor itself!
Some reasons are:[spacer]
- • The concrete was a bad mix when it was delivered
- • Poor finishing of the concrete after it was poured
- • Poor concrete surface profiling preventing the coating from “taking a bite”
- • Dust and dirt on the floor
- • Moisture in the concrete from the ground or even too much humidity from the air
- • Concrete that’s had a sealer applied
- • A combination of any of these things [spacer]
The good news is that, unless the floor just has a poor mix of concrete, an experienced and reputable floor coating company can repair the floor. These photos show before and after photos of a failed floor coating and and the floor after it was repaired and re-coated properly.[spacer]
Specialized Industrial Cleaning, Concrete Coatings and Concrete Repair[spacer]